The Spirit of ’76 continues 40th Lake Worth High School Class of 1976 Reunion
As class president for the bicentennial class at Lake Worth High School, it was my privilege to work with our reunion committee in preparation for our 40th reunion. I was assisted by my wife and class treasurer Cindy Lyn Haapanen Tate and our committee members:
Don Keltner (and wife Nancy) Mike Amado
Tami Thomas Valentine Cathy Chafin Edmonds
Hattie A. Lynch Luby Sharon Wintermute Palmer
Deborah Roberts-Mouw Linda McBride
Carol Amason Seamon Beth McLaughlin Michael
Jim Michael Diane Farnsworth Kachmar
Kim Day Jensen Derek Moses
Our committee met each month at Brogues in the backroom for a year prior to our reunion on July 8 and 9, 2016. This committee was hard working and the most dedicated committee that I’ve worked with. They left no detail unfinished: decorations, DJ, nametags, database management, venue selection, PR, class tee shirts, class pictures and video and social media presence and the class directory.
Almost 115 people attended Friday night at Lake Worth Municipal Golf Course’s The Beach Club, with a cocktail party and hors d’oeuvres Saturday morning we held a golf scramble and it was enjoyed with all who participated. Saturday night we were at Atlantis Country Club where 80 people attended and we had a buffet dinner and dancing. The dance floor was packed all night long.
For me, it was an opportunity to bring old friends back together for a weekend and a chance to get to know someone in our class that you didn’t know while in high school. In fact, we had twelve people that had never attended a reunion.
- I am so happy and proud to serve our class. They are incredible people and I was excited to be able to present Mr. Dave Cantley, former principal at LWHS and current Dollars for Scholars president a check for $1,000.00 in honor of the class of 1976. A scholarship will be presented in May 2016 to a graduating senior to be used for higher education. Truly the Spirit of ’76 continues. Go Trojans
I also want to give a recap of past contributions from the Class of 1976:
- February 2, 1999 LWHS Alumni Foundation $500 (after 20th year reunion in 1996)
- June 21, 2006 LW Dollars for Scholars $500 (after 30th reunion)
- September 16, 2009 LWHS Alumni Foundation $125 (after 30th reunion-sign at golf tournament)
- October 30, 2013 LWHS Alumni Foundation $100 (after 35th reunion-sign at golf tournament)
- August 3, 2016 LW Dollars for Scholars $1000 (after 40th reunion)
Total donations to the Alumni Foundation and Dollars for Scholars – $2250.00
Rock A. Tate
Class of 1976 Class President